DigiIntermediaries Bootcamp – Kenyan Call
The ‘DigiIntermediaries Bootcamp’ is a focus on intermediary roles and actions for the digital games and immersive media sectors in Africa, with a focus on support to participants in South Africa, Kenya and Senegal. Organized between Wits School of Arts and the Fak’ugesi African Digital Innovation Festival with the support of the GIZ – find more information here: https://fakugesi.co.za/digiintermediaries/
The aim of the Bootcamp is to create a community of practice, exchange and growth for the ‘to market’ aspect of these sectors. It is made up of seven 1 to 2 hour sessions over two weeks and an opportunity to pitch for funding, or simply build into the network.
The bootcamp is: ALL online, aimed at 50 participants, in English with French language support & will invite 20 proposals for a funding pitch for intermediary work – this pitch will take place at the Fak’ugesi Festival on the 22nd of October 2021.
Sign up is open to individuals and organizations meeting the following description:We are inviting the following to sign up:
- Existing intermediaries in Gaming & Immersive Media – publishers, distributors, platforms (such as festivals, online markets, sales aggregators), talent aggregators, incubators, curators and industry ‘organisers’.
- Those who may not self-identify as ‘intermediaries’ but are doing this work in multiple roles in the Gaming & Immersive sectors – producers, fundraisers, talent management, incubation, business development, etc.
- Entertainment Professionals on the periphery of Gaming & Immersive Media.
- Government & Advocacy Actors for the Digital Creative Industry.
- Digital & Creative Tech Innovation Entrepreneurs
- Bootcamp Dates: Bootcamp Part 1: 4 – 6 October (1 meeting a day)
- Bootcamp Part 2: 12 – 15 October (1 meeting a day)
- Pitch Training (selected participants): 18 – 21 October
- Festival Pitch: 22 October
Find SIGN UP & Information link: https://fakugesi.co.za/digiintermediaries/Find INFO PDF attached in English.